Homemade Black Pepper Popcorn
I recently had black pepper popcorn at a Young Living Essential Oil Farm Day celebration I attended, and it was so yummy! Of course it was made in an old school movie style popcorn popper, but you can do this at home with a little patience.
I LOVE black pepper, so just that little bit of spice and the kernels nicely soaked in coconut oil was the best!!! I was searching for a method of cooking (without burning) popcorn on the stove, and found this method from Simply Recipes and Elise was gracious enough to let me interpret her directions.
1/4 tsp Young Living Black Pepper Essential Oil
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
2 cups Popcorn Kernels
1 T. Sea Salt
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large kettle on medium high heat.
2. Add the Young Living Black Pepper Essential Oil to the coconut oil.
3. Place just 3 popcorn kernels in the bottom of the pan, and cover.
4. Wait for these kernels to pop, this will help us to know that the oil is the heated to the correct temp.
5. Once the 3 kernels pop, add the rest of the kernels to the bottom in an even layer.6. Cover the pan and remove from the heat, and wait 30 seconds (this will bring the oil and kernels to an equal temp, and get them ready to pop)
7. Return the pan to the heat, and as the popcorn starts popping begin to shake the pan by sliding it over the burner side to side. Keep the lid slightly ajar to let the steam out.
8. Once the popping slows down to several seconds in between pops, remove from the heat and pour into a bowl. I have yet to master the almost no popped kernels, but I am so close!
9. Salt and butter to taste if you like. I find however that with the coconut oil it doesn’t even need butter! Yum, Yum, Yum!!!
Interested in purchasing Young Living Essential Oils? Click here to purchase your kit!